Made a new video of my mini balancing robot. I am now using TMC2100 stepper motor drivers, which makes the robot very silent and also steadier. I have also returned the PID values and increased the loop speed slightly in the software. A new version of the code is available on the Mini balancing robot page.
This is my attempt at building a really good obstacle avoidance robot. The robot is built to drive around a normal indoor environment without getting stuck on stuff. The robot uses an Arduino Maga 2560 and several sonar sensors to detect obstacles.
This robot also has a Raspberry Pi and camera module, that will be used for computer vision experiments in the future.
More info about this robot on the obstacle avoidance robot page
I made a simple DIY clock based on Arduino. It uses a RCT module with battery backup, and a serial 7-segment LED display. More information including code, schematic and STL file download are available here: Arduino clock page
I have created a small and simple balancing robot. It uses a single Arduino, an MPU-6050 and stepper motors. All the design files, code and schematic are available for download. Read more here: Mini balancing robot page
I have created a zip-folder with all the files for my DIY 3D printer. It includes the original SketchUp file, all the exported STL-files ready for printing, and the Marlin RC8 firmware configuration files. You can download it on the 3D printer page: Here
This video shown my homebuilt DIY 3D printer. It is a CoreXY design with a wood frame and 3D-printed parts.
Link to the page with more info and images: 3D printer page
Reed about this new robot here: Prototype Rover 1 page
I have built an obstacle avoidance robot I built to test a few ideas I had and learn more about what it takes to make robot robot that can navigate around an indoor environment without getting stuck on things. I will also use this robot to experiment with line following and maybe line-maze solving in the future.
You can reed more about this new robot here: Prototype Rover 1 page
I have rebuilt my balancing robot. The reason was that I wanted to fit more sensors and functions, and there where no space for that in the previous design. I have also rewritten all the code and replaced the Kalman-filter I previously used for angle estimation with a complimentary filter instead. This in combination with a higher center of mass have made the robot a lot more stable and tolerant against pushes and other disturbances.
A Kalman-filter should work better than a complimentary filter, but the Kalman-filter is a lot more complicated. Since I do not understand exactly how the Kalman-filter worked, it was to hard for my to tune it properly. The estimated angle of the robot was reacting to slow. My current solution with a complimentary filter is much more responsive. That allowed me to increase the parameters of my PID regulators to make the robot more stable.
This video shows some new IR distance sensors I have installed on my self balancing robot robot. The IR sensors are short range (5-10 cm) and should prevent the robot from running into things that the main ultrasonic sensors miss. The video also shows two servos I have installed under the robot. They are not connected yet, but they will later be used to raise the robot up again if it falls over.