This video shows a robot I have built that is driving between two waypoints using GPS.
I built this robot last summer, about a year ago. Back then, I never really managed to the software part of the robot working. The weather became worse outside as the fall came, and a lost interest in this project and started working on other things instead.
I wave written all the code myself, apart from the functions used to calculate course and distance between GPS waypoints. I used functions from the TinyGPS library for that. The code runs on an Arduino Due, the robot is using PID control to steer towards the waypoints. The robot uses a combination of GPS-course and integrating the signal from a yaw-gyro to determine its current course. The robot also has a compass, but it does not seem to work very reliably, therefore I do not use it. The robot also has sonar and other sensors, but they are not used in this video. Expect more videos and info about this robot in the near future.
This is a new long-term robot project I have been working on for the past couple of months. It is a general purpose indoor robot, that will work as a platform for experimentation. When designing this robot, I have tried to think about and improve everything I have learned from previous robot projects I have made. But this robot will also feature some new stuff I have not tried before. Some of the key features if the robot includes:
Stepper motor based four-wheel-drive skid-steering drive system
Big Li-Ion battery
A lot of custom 3D printed parts
Heavy duty bumpers, large ground clearance and large foam wheels
Raspberry Pi main computer
Arduino Due for controlling low-level peripherals
Scanning Lidar sensor
Probably a Raspberry Pi camera module mounted on a pan/tilt system
So far, only the majority of the mechanical work is done. Here are a few images, click on them to make them larger:
This video is a detailed overview of my DIY coreXY 3D printer. It is just over a year since I built it. Some things have changed since then, but most of the machine it the same. This is my first and only 3D printer, I use a few times a week, sometimes more often than that. The printer works very well, it produces high-quality parts while requiring very little maintenance.
I made a simple DIY clock based on Arduino. It uses a RCT module with battery backup, and a serial 7-segment LED display. More information including code, schematic and STL file download are available here: Arduino clock page
I have created a small and simple balancing robot. It uses a single Arduino, an MPU-6050 and stepper motors. All the design files, code and schematic are available for download. Read more here: Mini balancing robot page
This video shows the process of 3D printing and assembling a fidget spinner. I have designed the spinner using Autodesk Inventor. The spinner is slightly asymmetric, making it easy and comfortable to start it. I use a ceramic ball bearing in the centre and normal bearings as weights. I always use Cura to slice my parts before 3D printing. To print in different colors, I manually edit the generated G-code file using Notepad++. Cura automaticly puts a comment in the G-code file at the start of each new layer. I use the search function to find a specific layer and insert a couple commands to lower the printbed and pause the machine so I can change the filament.
The STL files for the spinner is available on Thingiverse here.
When I wanted to get into FPV a couple of moths ago I bought the Eachine EV800 FPV goggles with built in VTX and battery. I liked the idea that they could be used as goggles, and also as a screen. However, when that arrived I realised that they were very uncomfortable to wear, and I was not able to wear my normal glasses under them as I had intended. Therefore I only used the screen to start with.
I was not completely happy with the screen experience, I still wanted to have googles. Therefore I started to design my own goggle-part. I started with making a four part assembly in SketchUp to snap into the existing mount on the EV800, and also to hold the fresnel-lense in place. I 3D printed the parts, glued them together, and they fit perfectly. Since the shape of the rest of the goggles is very complicated, I thought it would be very time-consuming to design and 3D print everything. Therefore I built the rest of the goggles using cardboard, paper and hot glue. To make it look better and be more comfortable to wear I covered the entire thing in fabric, using more hot glue. I kept the part touching the face as large as possible to make them fit over my glasses. I finished off the design with some 3D printed parts to mount the original head strap from the EV800. I am pretty satisfied with the result. Now the goggles are comfortable, fits over my glasses, and is comfortable to wear. And I can still remove the screen from the goggles is I want.