Here is a video of my newest 3D printed quadcopter. The quad with this design was to make it lighter than my prevues designs. Here I used 16 mm carbon fibre tubes as motor arms. This also allowed my to install the motor cables inside the carbon fibre tubes, making it look realy clean.
I have continued to work on my 3D printed quadcopter. Now I have also created a new baseplate for a hexacopter. It is still using the same wooden arms, motor mounts and landing gears. I have also created a few extra pieces that I needed, mostly mounts for different antennas.
I will probably add more pieces in the future. Please comment if you have any ideas for what I should add or change.
Click the link below to download the STL files for all the pieces I have made so far.
This is a 3D printed quadcopter that I have made. The design is not entirely 3D printed, it uses 15×15 mm wooden spars as motor booms. My idea was to create a modular system to build quadcopters (and maybe other multirotors) using 3D printed parts. I want multicopters that are fast and easy to assemble, modify and upgrade. I also want them to be cheep in material cost, therefore I have tried to keep the weight as low as possible. Right now, one quadcopter frame is slightly below 100grams of plastic.
Right now I have 3D printed motor mounts, landing gears and a center piece as well as a top plate for mounting the battery and all the necessary spacers. The size of the quadcopter is determined by the length of the wood pieces. The quad in the images is a 250 size. I am using wood instead of 3D printed arms it to keep the weight down, I also think it is stronger.
I will continue to experiment with this 3D printed multirotor building system, and hopefully make all the STL-files available for download in the future.
Here is a video of me testing my latest DIY home built mini quadcopter at a local indoor flying meetup. This quadcopter is built entirely out of wood and cowered using Oracover. It is strong and lightweight, designed for fast and agile LOS flying outdoors.
Here I am testing my homebuilt gimbal om my new APM quadcopter. It is a two axes gimbal based on the same Martinez Open Source gimbal controller and the same Quanum 2208 gimbal motors as the first APM quadcopter. I am not happy with how mush of the propellers that are visible in the video. Maybe a solution could be to extend the gimbal and landing gear further down. During this flight I used my 13-inch propellers that I cut down to about 11.5 inches.